Monday, January 7, 2013

Bulletin Boards

Something I have noticed being in a middle school is that some teachers really try to change up their classrooms and bulletin boards and some don't. When you are in an elementary school you see SO many different and unique bulletin boards that get the studetns excited, so why does that have to change in middle school?? Middle school students are not yet grown up, but they also don't want to be treated like little kids. I think it is important to make your classroom warm and inviting and also switch it up occasionally. I don't think middle school teachers need to go all out like elementary school teachers, but I do know the students notice and appreciate it when they can tell their teachers care about what the room looks like. We are getting ready to start Kansas History so I wanted to change my bulletin board. It isn't a dramatic change, but the kids knew when they noticed it that we were going to make a switch from geography to Kansas History. I have spent time looking online for ideas for bulletin boards and I must admit there are hardly ANY for middle school. Here are a couple pictures of what I did:

 
I made my board so I can switch out the informational posters based on what we are discussing in class. We are getting ready to do Native Americans in a couple of weeks. I also hope to eventually make my board interactive. I kept my "Picture Perfect" side to display student work.

1 comment:

  1. I need to start making 'friends" in other states who do what I do in my own state. Email me and I will give you info that maybe - just maybe - you can tweak to fit your own needs. Hey Kansas was at one time part of Louisiane before we got purchased and split.
    Greg
    latraveler@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete